Abs But No Waistline

Amanda

Bodybuilder/Fitness Model
As the title says, I have abs, but no waistline. Just straight up and down. Boxy. I know a lot of it's genetics, but I still fight it. I don't do side bends anymore, but that hasn't made a difference. Should I stop all twisting exercises as well?

Aesthetic Agonist

Like you say @Amanda, a lot of it has to do with genetics. I guess technically a side bend isn't twisting and hits your quadratus lumborum as well as your obliques. How lean are you? Do you still think you look blocky when you're dieted down?

Amanda

Like you say @Amanda, a lot of it has to do with genetics. I guess technically a side bend isn't twisting and hits your quadratus lumborum as well as your obliques. How lean are you? Do you still think you look blocky when you're dieted down?
Right now I'm just finishing a bulk, so I'm definitely holding some fat in that area. But even dieted down I'm wide. I don't think my waist has ever been smaller than 29 inches. I just hate that jumpers don't look cuter on me, instead I look like Old Farmer Brown in overalls!